TCC Southeast Mansfield ISD Early College High School at Timberview
The mission of our collegiate campus is to develop scholars, thoughtful leaders and engaged citizens to earn their high school diploma and up to sixty hours of college credit and/or associate’s degree.
Our Unique Design
ECHS scholars integrate high school and college courses at the 9th grade level. We have changed the structure of high school by compressing the number of years to a college degree. We have the potential to improve high school graduation rates and better prepare students for success in a college setting.
The academic design of ECHS interweaves high school and college courses every year. With an intense focus on supporting students throughout a collegiate curriculum, we are an AVID school-wide site. This allows us the opportunity to teach organizational and college readiness skills. While college is our focus as a staff, our goal is to train our students to think, act and lead as a college student.
As we remove financial barriers and other barriers to college, we have narrowed our focused to support students with a niche for attending college. While we do not offer UIL athletics and UIL Fine Arts, our students participate in clubs and organizations at ECHS, Timberview and TCC.
- Small school environment for the motivated and college minded student.
- Encourages student leadership and ownership
- Enables highly motivated students to move in four years from ninth grade through the first two years of college, earning up to 60 college credit hours as well as a high school diploma free of charge for the student
- Provides rigor, depth and intensity of college-level work in high school.
- Saves money and time for the motivated student by integrating high school and college level work.
- Access to TCC Southeast study centers, after-school tutorials and AVID.
- Student can participate in ECHS, Timberview and TCC clubs and organizations. We do not offer UIL Athletics and Fine Arts. Some of our students participate in select and community sports leagues outside of school
- Our course pathway follows the Tarrant County College Pathway associates degree plan. Endorsement courses are attained by following the Associate’s Degree plan.
Our ECHS Mascot
Our ECHS Colors
Navy, Maroon, Gold
Our ECHS Motto
Stallions strive for success
Our ECHS Student Values
Determination, Intelligence, Leadership, Responsibility, Teamwork