- Timberview Senior Makes History With Extracurricular Achievement
- Track Team is awarded $1000
Congratulations to, Macka Jones, our Head Boys Track and Field/Assistant Cross Country Coach for receiving a track and field grant from the National Scholastic Athletics Foundation. The team was awarded $1000!
- Congratulations to our 2014 grads! You have made your mark on MISD! We are proud of your many accomplishments.
Graduation Ceremony: Saturday, June 7, 2014 at 2:00 PM at the MISD Center for the Performing Arts
Valedictorian: Justice Njoku / Stanford University
Salutatorian: Megan Meyer / Texas A&M University
Class Size: 394
Scholarships: $20 million
Graduates going into military service: 15
Commencement Program Photo Gallery
- Timberview's Distinction Designations
Timberview earned three distinction designations from TEA this past school year in Reading/ELA, Science, and Social Studies.
Timberview's Distinction Designations
(Please view the link above and the explanations below.)
Q: What are Distinction Designations?
A: Campuses that receive an accountability rating of Met Standard are eligible for the following distinction designations in 2014.
• Academic Achievement in Reading/English language arts (We earned this one.)
• Academic Achievement in Mathematics
• Academic Achievement in Science (new for 2014) (We earned this one.)
• Academic Achievement in Social Studies (new for 2014) (We earned this one.)
• Top 25% Closing Performance Gaps (new for 2014)
• Postsecondary Readiness (new for 2014)
Q: What is a comparison group?
A: Campus distinction designations are based on campus performance in relation to a comparison group of campuses. Each campus is assigned to a unique comparison group of 40 other public schools (from anywhere in the state), that closely matches that school on the following characteristics: campus type, campus size, percent economically disadvantaged students, mobility rates (based on cumulative attendance), and percent of students with limited English proficiency. The 2014 campus comparison groups were posted online on June 6, 2014. See Appendix H of the 2014 Accountability Manual for more details.